Updated 26 July 2019
Information We Collect From You and Why
We collect and use the following information to provide, improve, promote, and protect the Services:
- When you register with us through the Services to become a Skedulo User, we will ask you for information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“Personal Data”). We may request you to provide Personal Data such as your name and email address. We collect information, including Personal Data, that you submit to the Services. Our Customer’s administrator (“Admin”) may also direct us to collect your phone number, home address, information about training or certifications that you may hold, your work availability, and other information. We use your Personal Data to provide the Services to you and our Customer and to administer your inquiries.
- We collect Personal Data about your location if you are a User of our mobile application Services, including by GPS, IP address, or other information from your device or things near your device. The type of location data that we collect depends partly on your device settings. For instance, you may be able to turn your device’s location tracking on or off. We use your location to provide the Services to you and our Customer, and to improve the Services.
- We also collect Personal Data that: (a) the Customer has provided to the Services directly or (b) that the Customer has provided to the Services indirectly through a third-party service. We may use this information to provide the Services to you and our Customer.
- If you express interest in obtaining information about our Services, sign up for an event or webinar, provide our business partner with your information, or download certain content, we may require you to provide us with Personal Data such as your name, email address, address, phone number, title, company name, and other information. We use this information to promote the Services to you with Skedulo newsletters, marketing, or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications.
- We may collect information from you in surveys that we may conduct in order to improve the Services.
- We may accept financial and billing information in order to process your payment for use of the Services.
What Information We Collect From Devices and Usage and Why
We use typical tools and services, such as log files, cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies to automatically collect information, which may contain Personal Data, from your devices while you navigate our Services or interact with emails we sent to you.
- When you use the Services, we may collect information about the devices you use to access the Services, including IP address, browser or device type, operating system, the website you visited before the Services, and identifiers of your devices. We use this information to provide, improve, and protect the Services.
- When you interact with our Services, we collect information about how you use the Services, including tracking Users’ activity in our Services. We use this information to provide and improve the Services, and to protect the Services. We may also provide the Customer’s Admin with this information.
You also have choices with respect to technologies we use to automatically collect information as described below:
- To find out more about how Google uses information when you visit a website that uses Google Analytics, please visit: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites.
- For more information about cookies and how to disable them, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org. You may also find more information about how to control cookies and opt out of receiving tailored advertising from the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt-Out or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Opt-Out. You are responsible for choices you make regarding these mechanisms.
- To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash Cookies, please visit the Macromedia site.
- HTML5 LSOs can be managed using browser tools and settings.
How We Use Information
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We use your Personal Data as described below, but we don’t sell it to advertisers or other third parties.
- If your User account was provisioned by a Customer, your Admin may have access and control over the information associated with your account. The Customer may have its own policies governing access and use of information in your User account.
- Depending on a Customer’s settings and your choices, we will share certain information with other Users that are part of a Customer account.
- You may choose to share information while using the Services, including with our Customer (e.g., your schedule availability) [or other Users].
- We may share your information, including Personal Data, with Skedulo’s affiliates to provide, improve, protect, and promote the Services, or communicate with you.
- We may disclose your information to third parties if we determine such disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with applicable law, regulation, legal process, or government request, (b) protect any person from death or serious bodily injury, (c) prevent fraud, abuse, or security issue of Skedulo or other users, and (d) to protect Skedulo’s or its licensors’ rights, property, safety, or interest.
- We may also disclose or share your Personal Data with your consent.
- We are aware and mindful of our responsibility and potential liability in cases of onward transfers to third parties.
Skedulo may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including your, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy.
Data Modification, Deletion, and Retention
You may review, correct, amend, or delete the Personal Data provided to Skedulo by contacting us or by accessing the “Settings” menu on the Services. If you would like to delete your record in the system, please contact us at email@example.com with a request that we delete your Personal Data from our database. If your User account was provisioned by a Customer, the Customer is a “data controller” of your information, and if you seek to correct, amend, or delete data associated with your account, you should direct your requests to the Customer. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Skedulo is very concerned about safeguarding your information and has implemented security measures to help protect against the risk of unauthorized access and disclosure of information under Skedulo’s control. Unfortunately, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect you, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
For more information, please see our Security Policy.
Information that we collect from you, will be transferred to, stored at, and processed by us, our affiliates, and other third parties in countries outside the European Economic Area, including, but not limited to, the United States and other countries, where data protection and privacy regulations may not offer the same level of protection as in other parts of the world. By using the Service, you agree to this transfer, storing, and processing.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Skedulo commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact Skedulo at:
Skedulo has further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to JAMS, an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, please visit https://www.jamsadr.com/file-an-eu-us-privacy-shield-claim for more information or to file a complaint. The services of JAMS are provided at no cost to you. In some cases, you may be able to invoke binding arbitration. Skedulo is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
Links to Other Websites
Our Policy on Children
The Services are not directed to individuals under 13, or a higher age depending on your jurisdiction (“Required Age”). If Skedulo becomes aware that a child under the Required Age has submitted information to us, we will delete the information. If you believe that we may have any information from a child under the Required Age, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Skedulo Holdings, Inc.
800 Market Street, 4th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94103