It’s been over six weeks since the global Skedulo team began to shelter in place, and what a trying period it has been. We’ve been hard at work making sure our employees, customers and partners are safe, and while things seem to be improving in many parts of the world, we aren’t out of the woods, yet.
I wanted to take this time to summarize our COVID-19 efforts and highlight several useful product features and programs we have developed to help our customers during the pandemic:
New Managed Package on the Salesforce AppExchange to Streamline COVID-19 Testing
Available today on the Salesforce AppExchange is a managed package that has already been deployed in New York and New Jersey to manage the scheduling process for COVID-19 testing sites. This new capacity-based appointment booking software for COVID-19 testing sites helps balance appointment demand with site capacity to ensure that the testing site does not become overcrowded and overwhelmed. Our goal with this app is to help alleviate overcrowding of testing sites, reduce the stress of those on the front lines performing the tests and calm any anxiety individuals may have about traveling to a testing site and receiving a test.
New COVID-19 Specific Features and Capabilities
Skedulo recently hosted a “best practices” webinar for customers where we highlighted how organizations are using Skedulo during COVID-19, as well as new features we are rolling out to help those on the front lines. Check out the recording here and see below for key takeaways:
- Contactless Signature – We’ve seen that some jobs and appointments still require sign-off from the customer or patient that services have been rendered. But understandably, a mobile resource may not want their client to touch their device to give signature. With Contactless Signature, service providers are able to capture client signatures without handing over their mobile device.
- Virtual Meetings – A Skedulo API that auto creates a virtual meeting on behalf of the mobile resource so that they can complete their appointment via Zoom, for example, or other virtual meeting providers. We are seeing this as a major need for our healthcare customers, as telehealth is becoming more of a necessity.
- Broadcast Console – This tool provides real-time communication via SMS or push notifications to one or many end-customers, employees or volunteers. This could be used to send a message to all of your end-customers to inform them of a disruption in services, for example, or a message could be sent to a handful of employees and volunteers informing them that there will be an influx of appointment requests and they should be prepared to work additional hours.
- Risk Assessment Form – This is a new, custom form within our mobile application that caregivers or service providers can fill out prior to entering a client’s home. It also acts as a screening tool for contact tracing in the instance of a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19.
Additional Benefits for Existing Skedulo Customers
Announced on March 20, we are making the following available for Skedulo customers:
- Unlimited additional user licenses for companies needing to add to their operating workforce footprint using Skedulo free of charge for the next three months.*
- Access to our Customer Broadcast app to allow organizations to use our mass SMS messaging capabilities to communicate to their customers regarding the delivery of front-line services and alerts. All SMS transactions sent using this service will be free of charge for the next three months for our North American customers and up to 10,000 SMS per month for our Australian/New Zealand/UK customers.*
Helping in our Communities during COVID-19
While our San Francisco-based employees work from home and the office is closed, we partnered with the American Red Cross on April 17 to transform the office space into a mobile blood collection site. The one-day blood collection event went off without a hitch, as workers from Skedulo and the local community filled all the available slots for donations.
And a group of our employees and their children even came together to build and send care packages for individuals that are quarantined in elderly care facilities throughout the country.
“Skedulo Heart” is a defining priority for Skedulo, one in which we focus on caring for one another, our customers, and the communities we serve. The past six weeks have been trying, concerning, and in many ways, rewarding. I’m so proud of how Skedulo has chartered these challenging waters, and most of all, that we’ve helped make a positive impact.
*Please note, this offer has now expired.