How to Choose the Right Healthcare Scheduling Tool
Home healthcare providers need scheduling and dispatching tools that are flexible, scalable, and user-friendly. The challenges associated with pen-and-paper scheduling are in the past. In-home healthcare is a profession that relies on mutual trust and high-quality care, and you need to choose the right healthcare scheduling tool to complement it.
With dozens (and even hundreds!) of scheduling tools out there, it can be difficult to find the perfect fit for your mobile providers and your patients. Luckily, there are a few things that every effective system should have. Use the checklist below to narrow down your choices (or download the printable checklist for easy access)!
An effective scheduling system for mobile healthcare providers:
- Is 100% secure and HIPAA-compliant
- Assigns the best healthcare provider for the patient
- Gives mobile employees an easy way to view schedule changes in the field
- Gives providers access to important patient information
- Handles time-sensitive schedules and recurring visits
- Collects patient data and syncs automatically
- Manages full-time, part-time, and temporary contractors
- Manages data access in a way that reflects the needs of your workforce
- Keeps a record of provider credentials and skill sets
- Gives the back office real-time insight into the field
- Works even without an internet connection