Healthcare mobile workers: Technicians are the forgotten heroes
As a nurse, I’m acutely aware of the sacrifices our healthcare professionals make every day to care for their patients. And, these sacrifices have been compounded in ways no one ever expected with the onset of COVID-19. I see multiple stories across the news and social media that offer much deserved praise for nurses, doctors, respiratory therapists, and others. What I’ve yet to see is praise for our healthcare frontline workers in the laboratory and other diagnostic specialties who also are risking their lives to provide incredibly important services to vulnerable patients.
Pandemic or not, clinical testing must go on. Blood draws and imaging services are critical to helping doctors identify, interpret and diagnose symptoms. Many people have postponed needed tests because doctors’ offices, clinics, and urgent care centers have closed, and many fear entering a hospital and risking potential COVID-19 exposure.
As the country begins to reopen, we are going to see a resurgence in elective surgeries and treatments for conditions that require lab testing and imaging studies, including infusions, infertility therapies, chronic care management, and general preventive care assessments involving cholesterol screenings, EKGs, and other tests.
A growing need for a mobile workforce in healthcare
The mobile workforce will become more and more important for many reasons:
- The need for COVID-19 testing services for both the virus and the antibodies will remain for the foreseeable future
- The widespread adoption of telehealth services will lead to an increased need for testing to support remote screening and assessments
- Patients will demand more at-home testing because they remain afraid to enter facilities
- Doctors’ offices, outpatient clinics, nursing homes, and so forth will see increased demand for mobile testing services as the trend for care outside of the hospital continues
Providers, nurses, and caregivers
The importance of mobile workforce management
In times like these, our valuable mobile laboratory and diagnostic imaging professionals need the best tools available to ensure they are equipped to manage these responsibilities. How can you help your workforce transform administrative and clinical practices to be as effective and efficient as possible?
Skedulo’s intelligent healthcare scheduling engine was built to solve the unique challenges of these mobile workers who are required to be at the right place at the right time with all the right tools to effectively perform their jobs.
Benefits of healthcare scheduling software for mobile workers
The solution improves efficiency, productivity and satisfaction by matching providers to patients based on business objectives. Imagine the benefits for your healthcare mobile workforce to:
- Arrive fully prepared for time-sensitive blood draws with the necessary vials required to process samples
- Schedule a full day’s worth of imaging studies within a close geographic range
- Optimize capacity and eliminate missed appointments through an automated system
- Avoid time-consuming, manual processes and paperwork
- Manage your team’s preferences, skills, certifications, and limitations with ease
- Improve client and patient satisfaction, leading to increased business opportunities
Supporting healthcare frontline workers
Laboratory testing and imaging studies are some of the most critical diagnostic tools available. We rely on a team of dedicated, professional workers to provide these services. This team deserves not only recognition for their valuable work but also the best systems in place to support them.
Learn more about how Skedulo solutions can help you at skedulo.com/covid-19 or contact us for a personal demo.